Striving for a mind like water

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Colourful

Just a fleeting thought that I decided to post. There is a word in my thoughts at the moment - colourful. Imagine that word and write the first two things that pop up. Do this activity yourself and then compare with mine. If you can be bothered that is :)or else just read ahead.

Imagination imitates what's on your mind and so the first thing I had to do was purge myself - let every other thought go; sequester the other thoughts amongst myriad neurons in a corner of the firing lightning that we call the brain.

I will key in at least a part of the transient picture in my mind when it's dwelling on the word 'colourful'.
1) Rainbow, peacocks, parrots, rainbow lorikeets, flowers, scenic reserves, sunset surrounded by the forest, lake and huts - why is it that nature always takes the top spot when we are thinking of beautiful, colourful, serene? I'd like to think of nature as a unlimited broadcasting station: if we tune in, the peace and purity of its existence always flows through.
2) Indian festivals and weddings - A traditional Indian wedding doesn't just involve two people marrying, it's the marrying of two families in an eternal bond. More than a week of festivities along with mehendi,frantic singing, dancing, gauri poojas and various other bodily, musical and procedural ornamentations as part of the process. If you wish to witness the explosion of a plethora of colours, walk hand in hand with the joy and love...you have to be closely involved in the celebrations!

Mind can't stay focused on one thing for long and I am sure we'd all vouch for that. So, let the thoughts, imagination and creativity race ahead and enjoy the beautiful and colourful days ahead :)

8 comments:

  1. So true lil doctor. Its been ages since you wrote this,was waiting for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sunshine :) Everytime I see your comment, I am reminded of the 3idiots song..."Give me some sunshine, give me some rain, give me another chance, I wanna grow up once again" I really wish I could repeat my past few years of life man. I wish I had better control over my emotions because others who were involved are suffering along with me. Anyway, I wanted to ask you...How do you know I am "lil"? I am curious. Do I know you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pearl,

    first 2 things that popped up are rangoli and rainbow.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sriram - I think 'rainbow' is a given for everyone :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said you are still studying, that's why I said 'lil'. Are you short? None of my business though. No we don't know each other you are from NZ & I am from India. You are still half a doctor & I am full. Keep writing. I like your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - ok. I believe you. Yes, I am short and curious (as you might have already noticed). You are a full doctor? that's cool. tc Sun Shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also short but that doesn't mean we our thoughts are short. Keep Posting. Sometime soon I should also start a blog.I always wanted to but never could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol - you are short too? there are like-heighted people around? Never thought that was the case. haha. But I still think I beat you in shortness, not even 5 foot. But, if you do start a blog, you will have a regular reader in me too :)
    You know Sunshine, I have a question..I realised that things don't always happen the way you want it to, but why don't I seem to end some ties? Why does anyone keep latching onto a feeling? Why do some people have the strength to let go? Now, there is a topic that you can start your blog off with...
    Btw, I am assuming you are a girl?

    ReplyDelete