Sriram has tagged me. The tag asks me to list "my sins against gender stereotypes". This is exciting because I never considered myself a ‘girl’. Here I go:
1. I own only two dresses – one was $5 from farmers and the other was a gift. I can’t remember the last time I went shopping for clothes or shoes or anything... Shopping puts me off! I’ve been postponing my dressmart shopping day for more than a year now... I would rather go on adventure tours!!!
2. I was so obsessed about cleanliness that I couldn’t study or do anything until I see everything in its place. This is what a typical girl more or less usually does...but now - I’ve become so messy after my bro left to India. I’ve inherited his clutter and shambles. There isn’t a day when amma doesn’t scold me about it
3. When I eat, I eat wholeheartedly – who cares about the million calories in the cream cheese cake or khaju katli :P I am the rubbish bin of our kitchen...Jai ho to the dangers of being able to eat anything without being fussed!
4. Gossip is a big no no for me. I always half hear it and never pass it on. I like talking about something besides other people’s lives and relationships. I believe its soo hard to socialise with other girls sometimes for that very reason!! Grrr.. ;)
5. I have never put on makeup willingly – the only time I did eye makeup was for a production when I was uncle max in Sound of music
6. Most of the time, I don’t get excited about wearing dresses, looking pretty, making an effort, going out into town and socialising. Things that get me excited are badminton, cicket, singing, going up mountains, snow, jumping around with my friend and her danceable music, eating and for those who know me – sleeping in lecs...
7. From the very start, I had more guy friends than girl friends. I loved climbing trees, playing street cricket with my bro's friends, going to play pool, riding motor bikes, and oh....I used to wear my bro's jeans when he grew out of them. lol. I don't think I know any girl who wore guy's jeans...now that I think of it, they were so uncomfortable. hehe
Thanks Sri, it was enlivening to remind myself of the guy in me. :)
2 days ago