Striving for a mind like water

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two sides of a coin - putting things in perspective


When someone tells you a story, complains to you about an experience they had with a person, shares their opinion on something, your mind tends to judge the person/thing in question. You agree or disagree. Except, it always pays to step back and see the other side of the story or at least lend an ear but don't form a strong opinion against or pro-anything/anyone unless you've experienced something yourself.

Today I picked up a dollar coin and flipped it around. Even if it's not the dollar coin I earned, I decided to examine both sides of it :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lil Doc,

    A Post after long time. Had been on holiday for long, just returned last week. How is it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you sunshine? You have been holiday for a loooooooooooooooooong time too! Not shining enough. hehe. I am doing good +- ups/downs now and then. Life goes on. right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes.. a Long one, by the way, I remember sometime back you told me that you live in Australia. Am right? I am visiting Melbourne in December. Would be great if catch up

    ReplyDelete