Striving for a mind like water

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Being critical? or maybe nonsensical?

I am going to be a little critical in the following regard. Why is that people say "you may lose me forever" or "You can have me forever". Don't they realise it's not them who can decide whether or not someone stays in your heart/mind forever? Is it really in our hands (or minds) to decide whether someone who has touched your heart to be erased from it? Whether it be a friend or foe, someone who has touched our hearts will stay - if you are anything like me. As long as we don't let the mental or perceived cardiac connections adversely affect our functioning of life, it's alright to let things be the way they are. I'm probably just missing the point or not even making sense! Oh well. I tried to put the thoughts out in a coherent manner, but can't do a better job in this sleep-deprived state. I will choose to believe what I want to and everyone else can do the same. It's a personal thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey doc. I didn't understand anything in this. I am now pretty sure,Its all about love...

    See let me tell you one thing, because I am elder to you and same profession and have gone through these all..Did you watch Deepavali movie in Tamil?If you havenot then go and watch...

    In that the heroin says "Promise me even if I forget you, make sure you remind me that I was in love with you once..and make me remember everything". So truly loving people never forget eachother its just words.

    If you have said or the other person has said "you may lose me forever" then there could be different reasons..Analyse it

    "You may lose me" - that means the person is with you now...but you may lose him in future...who knows what will happen in future..

    Last thing -- never stop loving is my policy.. it works for me. Try it on...

    Love more & you will get more love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are truly in love! This is not fully about love, just how a close friend of mine reacts to certain things I say.

    Yep - i love everyone :) I am glad I chose the profession I did because what better chance than when you are a doctor to empathise and try understand worries of people?! Thanks for your advice again sun shine! You are my regular visitor! Danke!

    ReplyDelete