Striving for a mind like water

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Choices - now or never!

Choices are everywhere, at every stage of our life. They can go horribly wrong or amazingly right!

In any situation, whenever we have various choices to opt from, it’s hard to make the call. I have always despised making decisions. I am the most indecisive person you will ever find. It’s not because I have a wavering mind, rather it’s to do with having a mind which wishes to satisfy everyone, which I may add is certainly next to impossible. So many people advice me about how I should do what I think is right and what my heart/mind wishes to do as opposed to obeying others’ decisions. The problem with this is that I wish to do whatever turns out to be amazingly right, like everyone else. But how can anyone decide which is the right decision and which is not?! You can never tell unless the consequences are obvious even before one acts and this is never the case.

I believe you are ok to accept and follow others’ decisions when you are ready to take on the responsibility for those actions. They’ve made a decision for you to act but it’s in your hands whether you’ll execute it or not. Never blame anyone for what has gone wrong with your life. Learn from it and move on…Also learn from the right things which have happened in your life. Because, at the end of the day, what are you left with? Incidents in life which make you more experienced. Only when you’ve survived the consequences of a choice can you emerge with a strong transformed mind.
I have forever relied on others to make the choices for me. What is the reason behind my firm indecisions? I can never understand that part of myself. Even thinking about this has left me undecided as to what I should do about it! At this point, only one thing strikes my mind – I have a long way to go in life, to take it easy and to feel like I know that this is precisely what I want!

However, I realise that I have to start somewhere, start now. I have to embrace the choices, list out the pros and cons and emerge out of the ocean of options, having picked the one I want and the one I am ready to face the consequences of! Otherwise, how else will this small brain able to take big decisions? Now or never!

6 comments:

  1. Well,

    Choices are choices. If you knew what was wrong and what was right, then there is obviously no choice, who would want to take the wrong way? everybody would take right way..correct?

    When it comes to selection from a choice. You have to take your chances. There was a saying in a movie called "Metro", that if you buy a brand new car and dont take it out on street untill there are no street light, you would end up not driving that car at all.So true...So take your chance baby.

    Choosing from choices is difficult that doesnot mean you should wait for ever to decide whats wrong and whats right. If you believe yourself, take one choice blindly when you cant judge, and I am sure as they say "Sachhe Dil ki kabhi haar nahi hoti", you would end up in correct way.

    Take a chill Pill and go ahead taking decisions, you may fail couple of times(thats not end of world right?) but ultimately you would win...Take a Chance..Remember the movie "IQBAL".

    By the way are you a doctor(Psychiatrist). Just asking because you are writing all sensetional topics..

    Keep Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sunshine - thanks da :) Sachhe dil ki kabhi haar nahi hoti, so true! I am a half-doctor, student-doctor or dangerous half-doc, whatever you wish to call me. hehe. Taking chances is always thrilling and I am up for it. Thanks for your comments. I will keep writing. You keep visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right..You are studying, Same as me. Good. Let me tell you from my experience.. You take your chances...right or wrong...there are two theories which will help you out no matter which decision you take

    1 - Agar tum sachhe dil se kisi ko chaho, to poori kaayanaat tumhe usase milane me jut jati hain.

    2 -
    Ulze nahi to kaise sulzoge?
    Bikhare nahi to kaise nikhroge?

    So Go ahead dont miss out a single opportunity. Crack this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " Because, at the end of the day, what are you left with? Incidents in life which make you more experienced. Only when you’ve survived the consequences of a choice can you emerge with a strong transformed mind."

    Hi Pearls of life. Very prudent topic. Good inference.
    You're right. Whatever decision you make in life, u gotta back yourself about dealing with the consequences - good or bad. Everyone always regrets indecisions more than bad decisions. G'luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment Kumanan :) I have a feeling that we'll definitely meet one day in the hospital. Hopefully I would've embraced the art of making decisions by then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pearl, Was waiting for your next blog? you been busy these days?

    ReplyDelete